We are searching for a Fleet Safety Compliance Manager to work in the transportation industry!
Pay will be $50,000 per year
Benefits offered will include : PTO, Medical, 401K, Dental
High School Diploma
5+ years experience working in the transportation industry
Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain proper insurance as required by company policy.
Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with all personnel regardless of their level in the company.
Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety.
Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspections and transportation of hazardous materials.
Must have an understanding of human relations and methods of obtaining cooperation and support for their programs.
Should be trained in the basics of driver selection, training, record keeping, awards programs, and other aspects of a loss prevention program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement driver safety procedures, policies and programs.
• Continually upgrade and evaluate the Safety Program effort for effectiveness.
• Monitor and drive company and driver CSA performance. Manage CSA performance reports and identify non-compliant drivers and the required retraining and/or discipline. Create and document non-compliance improvement efforts. Partner with facility management to effectively communicate compliance standards for drivers.
• Ensures that the company is in compliance with the Department of Transportation and other federal, state and local rules and regulations.
• Conduct regular, internal program reviews to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements and all company policies.
• Lead effort to develop annual safety goals.
• Manage safety related technology. Recommend new processes to better use existing technology. Monitor new technology and recommend new solutions as needed.
• Train all drivers and other employees on safety policies, procedures and applicable government regulations.
• Establish procedures of accident, injury and near miss investigations to determine causes and ways to prevent.
• Lead and coordinate safety review board for driver incidents as necessary.
• Collaborate with operations as needed to identify driver safety and regulatory issues and develop new performance improvement programs to assist in sustaining a high level of fleet safety performance and regulatory compliance.
• Coordinate regular scheduled safety meetings and ensure all safety related topics are being communicated in a timely manner.
• Oversee the pre-employment and post-accident drug and alcohol testing programs and ensure we are in compliance with all aspects of local, state and federal regulations and company policies.
• Review electronic log data and other related operations data daily to identify hours of service violations, driver speed issues and other Fleet Safety performance indicators. Insure system data is accurate, and recommend/execute corrective action.
• Assist in driver recruiting., handle on boarding and training of new drivers.
• Identify key compliance issues and trends, and implement effective corrective actions.
• Administer discipline for safety related violations.
• Assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents.
• Maintains driver safety and training files.
• Travel to all facilities for business needs such as driver observations, safety meetings, training, and on boarding. Overnight travel is required.
• Represent the company on the Safety Management Counsel for the LMTA.
• Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of a driver incentive program.
• Effectively communicate with drivers, dispatchers, managers and upper management on safety related issues
• Handle and accurately complete all necessary paperwork related to the duties and responsibilities
• Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations for the safe operations of a carrier hauling hazardous material.
• Be available to respond to driver accidents, spills, etc.
Please apply now by submitting your resume to email@example.com if you are qualified and interested in this position.
If you have any certifications that would be relevant to the job please also mention when sending your resume.